Personal information we may collect from you
“Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information we may collect through our Websites includes:
- personal details which might include details of members of your family, lifestyle, finances, business or education
- under certain circumstances we may also need to obtain information about race or origin, gender, religion, health, politics, genetics, trade union membership, sex or sexual orientation
- we might also need details of criminal convictions
- information regarding your dealings with us
- any interest you have in relation to our products or services
- any information you may voluntarily submit to us by completing any form on our Websites; and
- details of your visits to and usage of our Website
We may collect Personal Information in various ways:
- from any form you may complete and submit through our Websites, for example information collected from the “Contact Us” page of our Websites
- from the content of surveys that you may complete on our Websites
- from session ‘cookies’ and other similar tools deployed on parts of our Websites that can only be accessed by authenticated users who are logged into the Website (for further information regarding cookies used on our Websites, please see Cookies Section)
- when you provide information as a client in connection with us providing professional services to you
- from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties
If you choose to contact us via a telephone number that appears on this website please be aware that all calls are recorded for training, monitoring and fraud prevention purposes.
How we may use your personal information
R K Henshall & Co Ltd may collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes in our legitimate interests or in the legitimate interests of third parties:
- Administer, run and improve our website and business. This is necessary for our legitimate interest of better understanding our customers’ and potential customers’ preferences and tailoring our website, products and services to their needs and preferences.
- Communicate directly with you in relation to your purchase of our products or services and in response to enquiries we receive from you. This will be necessary to, at your request, administer your insurance contract, or help you make a claim. Where we need to pass information to other firms, it will only be for that purpose. These firms will be Insurers, other insurance brokers, finance providers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims.
Additionally it may be because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products and to answer questions we receive from you. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe easily at any time.
- Protect our business and business interests, including for the purposes of credit and background checks, fraud prevention and debt recovery. This is necessary for our legitimate interests of preventing criminal activity such as fraud or money laundering. We will only carry out such checks to the extent that we are permitted and authorised to do so.
- For other business purposes such as data analysis, audits, develop new products, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operate and expand our business activities.
If we have to transfer information to a third country outside the EU, we will only do so if a similar level of protection applies. If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, we will only do so on the basis that it is in the public interest – for example to fight crime, prevent fraud or to make sure insurance is available.
Other information we may collect
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. R K Henshall may collect Other Information in various ways.
For instance, when you visit our Website, our server may record your IP address. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Website. We may also derive your approximate location and company details from your IP address. R K Henshall may also gather Other Information such as the type of your internet browser, your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and the name and version of the Website you are using, which R K Henshall uses to provide you with a more effective service.
Cookies: Additionally, when you visit our Website, R K Henshall may store a ‘cookie’ on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes collect information about your usage of websites, such as time spent on the Website, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalise your experience while using the Website and to recognise your computer in order to assist your use of the Website. We also gather statistical information about use of the Website in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions regarding them.
Links to other websites
How we protect your information
R K Henshall maintains appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of the transmission of information via the Internet cannot always be guaranteed and you acknowledge this in your access and use of our Website. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section.
How long we store your personal information
We will store your information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the following:
- the purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal information, such as whether it is necessary to continue to store that information in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you or for our legitimate interests.
- Whether or not we have any legal obligation to continue to process your information, such as any record keeping obligations imposed by applicable law.
- whether we have any legal basis to continue to process your personal information, such as your consent.
Your legal rights
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk or call 0303 123 11132.
- You may withdraw your consent to this privacy notice at any time by sending your request to us at the address listed in the "Contact Us" section. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, we may still have the right or obligation under applicable law to collect, use, transfer or disclose Personal Information without your consent and we reserve the right to undertake that activity when appropriate.
- If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or restrict the processing of your Personal Information or request a copy of Personal Information about you, you may contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com or sending your request by postal mail to the address provided in the "Contact Us" section. This service is free of charge.
- In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance or financial purposes as set out in our document retention policy.
- You have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.
Use of Website by minors
In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act 1998 (COPPA) we request that individuals under the age of 13 do not provide Personal Information through the Website.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.