Your custom is very important to us and we want you to be entirely satisfied with the service you receive. If we do not deliver the standard of service you expect, or if we make a mistake, we will investigate the situation and seek to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
Steps you can take to inform us of a complaint:
• Should you have any complaints about the service provided, please, in the first instance contact the individual who arranged the policy for you.
• Alternatively you may write directly to or email: The Compliance Manager, R K Henshall & Co Ltd, The Grove, Mill Lane, Wheelock, Sandbach, Cheshire, CW11 4RD, email@example.com (email) or telephone us on 01270 758070.
Please be aware that a complaint that can be resolved by the close of business on the third business day following receipt of the complaint is not subject to the communications noted below.
Steps we will take to deal with your complaint:
• We aim to resolve your concerns, whenever possible, by close of business on the next working day. If this is not possible we will promptly acknowledge your complaint in writing no later than 5 working days after receipt and immediately commence a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your complaint.
• If your complaint concerns the provision of (or failure to provide) a service by another firm authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, such as an insurer, we will promptly refer your complaint in writing to the firm. In these circumstances we will provide you with the full contact details for the firm and, if the other firm is solely responsible, our final response.
• We will keep you regularly informed of the progress of the measures being taken to resolve your complaint. You are welcome to contact us at any time to check the status of our investigation.
• Within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint we will provide you with either:
(a) a written final response informing you of the outcome of our investigation. This letter will:
• advise whether we have accepted the complaint and detail the nature and terms of any offer or remedial action, compensation or redress which we may consider appropriate; or
• advise whether we are offering any remedial action or redress without accepting the complaint; or
• explain our reasons for rejecting the complaint; and
• include a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Services’ (FOS) leaflet and their website address;
• inform you that if you remain dissatisfied with our response you may now refer your complaint to the FOS, subject to certain time limits.
• indicate whether we intend to waive the relevant FOS time limits, details of which you can find on the FOS website.
(b) a written response which will:
• explain why we are not in a position to make a final response and indicate when we expect to be able to provide one;
• inform you that you may now refer your complaint to the FOS, subject to certain time limits;
• indicate whether or not we consent to waive the relevant FOS time limits if it becomes apparent that the complaint has been made or is referred outside those time limits;
• include a copy of the FOS’s explanatory leaflet and their website address.
If what you are complaining about took place before 1 April 2019 the FOS can consider complaints from:
• A consumer
• A business with an annual turnover of up to £2 million and less than 10 employees
• A charity with an annual turnover of less than £1 million
• A trustee of a trust with a net asset value of less than £1 million
If what you are complaining about took place on or after 1 April 2019 the FOS can consider complaints from:
• A consumer
• A small business with an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million and; either fewer than 50 employees OR a balance sheet total less than £5 million
• A charity with an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million
• A trustee of a trust with a net asset value of less than £5 million
If you are unsure whether the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider your complaint, please contact them directly for advice. The service they provide is free and impartial and contacting them at any stage of your complaint will not affect your legal rights.
The contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Their phone numbers are: 0300 123 9123 (charged at a national rate) or 0800 023 4567 (free from landlines).